[torqueusers] Does anyone use #shared?

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Apr 9 15:34:42 MDT 2012

All,

Does anyone out there used shared execution slots? This feature allows any
number of jobs to be assigned to the same execution slot, as long as the
job requests only a shared processor. I don't know of any customer that
uses these, and I'd like to remove the code to support this from the post
4.0 TORQUE (trunk in subversion). This would simplify a number of routines
and get rid of quite a bit of spaghetti code, so it'd be great if nobody
uses it. Does anyone have objections to removing this 'feature'?

--
David Beer | Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing