[torqueusers] Unable to copy output and error files to the submission dir (scp works fine)

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 04:20:08 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using torque-mom-3.0.3 on Fedora 16. I'm completely newbie about
of torque and I'm testing a pbs_server on a virtual machine an a
pbs_client on the host. pbs_mom complains as follows on node (client
machine):

pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::sys_copy, command '/usr/bin/scp -rpB
/var/lib/torque/spool/270.mpimaster.mycluster.OU
sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio/STDIN.o270' failed with
status=1, giving up after 4 attempts
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::req_cpyfile, Unable to copy file
/var/lib/torque/spool/270.mpimaster.mycluster.OU to
sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio/STDIN.o270
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::sys_copy, command '/usr/bin/scp -rpB
/var/lib/torque/spool/270.mpimaster.mycluster.ER
sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio/STDIN.e270' failed with
status=1, giving up after 4 attempts
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::req_cpyfile, Unable to copy file
/var/lib/torque/spool/270.mpimaster.mycluster.ER to
sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio/STDIN.e270
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::req_cpyfile,

Unable to copy file /var/lib/torque/spool/270.mpimaster.mycluster.OU
to sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio/STDIN.o270
*** error from copy
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
lost connection
*** end error output
Output retained on that host in:
/var/lib/torque/undelivered/270.mpimaster.mycluster.OU

I've read documentation and google about this problem and it don't
seem to be a problem of ssh/scp. So:

*I've tested /usr/bin/scp -rpB somefile
sergio at mpimaster.mycluster:/home/sergio   and works with no problem
*I've tested putting scp into crontab and works fine too

Of course mpimaster.mycluster is in /home/sergio./known_hosts matches
on mpinode02 (client machine with pbs mom running) with
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub on mpimaster.mycluster ...

(I use keychain on both cases)

So, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please could you help me to
solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com