[torqueusers] Help: Unauthorized Request

Smith, Jerry Don II jdsmit at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 27 10:13:38 MDT 2011

Are you seeing anything in the pbs_server logs?

-Jerry

From: Aaron T Perry <atp42 at cornell.edu<mailto:atp42 at cornell.edu>>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:53:28 -0400
To: <torqueusers at supercluster.org<mailto:torqueusers at supercluster.org>>
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] Help: Unauthorized Request

Please, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, I'm completely stuck. All the solutions I found online have failed.

I've just tried to install torque, and I ran the following commands,

./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

however when I run ./torque.setup username I get the following...

initializing TORQUE (admin: username at ubuntu)
PBS_Server ubuntu: Create mode and server database exists,
do you wish to continue y/(n)?y
Max open servers: 9
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
Max open servers: 9
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request

The server lanched and I cannot stop it, nor can issue any command related to torque (qterm, gmgr, qsub, etc) under my current username or under root. Help!

Thank you,
-Aaron