[torqueusers] Help: Unauthorized Request

Aaron T Perry atp42 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:35:36 MDT 2011

Hi,

I've just tried to install torque, and I ran the following commands,

./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

however when I run ./torque.setup username I get the following...

initializing TORQUE (admin: username at ubuntu)
PBS_Server ubuntu: Create mode and server database exists,
do you wish to continue y/(n)?y
Max open servers: 9
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
Max open servers: 9
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Unauthorized Request
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request

The server lanched and I cannot stop it, nor can issue any command related
to torque (qterm, gmgr, qsub, etc) under my current username or under root.
Help!

Thank you,
-Aaron