[torqueusers] Two problems with a routing queue

Eiríkur Hjartarson Eirikur.Hjartarson at decode.is
Fri Sep 16 10:08:01 MDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I probably did a bad job of explaining the problem.

The jobs were submitted to the "exec" queue at the same time. Now the first job (28379059) is moved to the "real_exec" queue and finishes executing before the second job (28379062) is moved to the "real_exec" queue.  At that time, when the second job is moved to the "real_exec" queue, the error mail is sent.

This problem is solvable by setting the "keep_completed" attribute for the "real_exec" queue to some non-zero value.  In our case that may be several hours and e.g. output from "qstat" is cluttered by information on completed jobs.  Which is why I am asking if there is some other solution.

The second problem I mentioned is more critical for us, It seems that jobs that are on system hold (because of dependencies) are transferred from the "exec" queue to the "real_exec" queue, regardless of the setting of the "route_held_jobs" attribute.  On the other hand, jobs, with user holds, stay on the "exec" queue if the "route_held_jobs" attribute is set.

Regards,
Eiríkur Hjartarson      E-mail: Eirikur.Hjartarson at decode.is
Íslensk Erfðagreining   Mobile: +3546641898
Sturlugötu 7
IS-101 Reykjavík