[torqueusers] qpeek on array job : Workarounds

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Fri Sep 16 09:32:18 MDT 2011

  If you are the cluster admin, you could try setting
adding the line

$spool_as_final_name true

to all your MOM comfigs and restart, then you can just
monitor the output in the -o and -e output files.

  You can always use qstat -n  to see which node is the
first node in the list that the job is running on, and
login to that node and look at the appropriate file in

/var/spool/torque/spool

It will be of the form

jobname.ER
or
jobname.OU

and should be owned by your username.

This is all that qpeek does.

  Once you figure out what is happening, you could look
at qpeek and modify it to handle job arrays,
and contribute the new script as a possible replacement.