[torqueusers] File staging syntax

André Gemünd andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tue Sep 13 06:54:43 MDT 2011

Hello Ken,

you just need two stagein or stageout files in one line:

[andre at gloria pbs]$ cat pbstest
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -S /bin/bash
#PBS -q local
#PBS -W stagein=foo at gloria.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de:/tmp/foo,stagein=foo2 at gloria.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de:/tmp/foo2
#PBS -m n
echo "foo"
[andre at gloria pbs]$ qsub pbstest
qsub: illegal -W value

#PBS -W stagein=foo at gloria.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de:/tmp/foo,foo2 at gloria.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de:/tmp/foo2

#PBS -W stagein=foo2 at gloria.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de:/tmp/foo2
#PBS -m n
echo "foo"
[andre at gloria pbs]$ qsub pbstest
435688.tonia.d-grid.scai.fraunhofer.de

So neither the old, nor the new syntax of specifying multiple files per -W works anymore.

gLite CREAM (http://glite.cern.ch/glite-CREAM/) generates these lines with its wrapper script. So this is basically a bug in that software (which is easy to solve), but it would have been nice to be notified of the change.

Greetings
André

--
André Gemünd
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing
andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tel: +49 2241 14-2193
/C=DE/O=Fraunhofer/OU=SCAI/OU=People/CN=Andre Gemuend