[torqueusers] Help! One Puzzle At a Time... * update *

sam oubari soubari at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 08:45:24 MDT 2011

Hello,

A quick update to my prior posts.  I am using 2.5.6 on a local host with pbs_sched. To recap, a frequent job (one that re-sub itself every 10 minutes and runs the same static script).  About twice a week, it malfunctions by moving from W to Q but does not get to R state, then I have to manually release with QRUN.  I just noticed a msg like one below gets logged in server_logs:

09/09/2011 10:47:30;0008;PBS_Server;Job;6035.naboo.linnbenton.edu;Job Modified at request of rpt_prod at naboo.linnbenton.edu mailto:rpt_prod at naboo.linnbenton.edu

In the logs, jobs normally get modified but usually by the scheduler not the job owner.  I did not see any related msgs in /var/log.  Any hints for me?

Thank you! Sam.