[torqueusers] DRMAA problems

Joerg Blank j.blank at fz-juelich.de
Fri Sep 9 10:57:56 MDT 2011


Hello,

I recently converted our cluster from SGE to Torque. We have some scripts which
use DRMAA to launch and wait for jobs and I'm currently trying to adapt those.

Unfortunately I encountered some problems with the Torque drmaa library. Some
parts of the job options are not accepted by Torque. Especially the whole
implicite working directory settings are missing (automatically set output path
to cwd). It also does not seem to accept joinFiles and nativeSpecification.

I usually use DRMAA via python-drmaa but the tests included in torque also fail.

I'll include a example "qstats -f" output where I set explicitly output and
error path via drmaa.

I also tried the pbs-drmaa library, which shows the same behaviour. We are using
Torque 2.5.8.

Regards,
Joerg Blank

Job Id: 175.cluster
    Job_Name = sleeper
    Job_Owner = user at cluster
    job_state = Q
    queue = batch
    server = cluster
    Checkpoint = u
    ctime = Fri Sep  9 18:42:55 2011
    Error_Path = /home/user/mpidebug/sleeper.e175
    Hold_Types = n
    Join_Path = n
    Keep_Files = n
    mtime = Fri Sep  9 18:42:55 2011
    Output_Path = /home/user/mpidebug/sleeper.o175
    Priority = 0
    qtime = Fri Sep  9 18:42:55 2011
    Rerunable = True
    Resource_List.neednodes = 1
    Resource_List.nodect = 1
    Resource_List.nodes = 1
    Resource_List.pmem = 2gb
    Resource_List.walltime = 01:00:00
    Shell_Path_List = /bin/sh
    substate = 10
    Variable_List = PBS_O_QUEUE=batch,PBS_O_HOST=cluster
    euser = user
    egroup = users
    queue_rank = 1345
    queue_type = E
    etime = Fri Sep  9 18:42:55 2011




More information about the torqueusers mailing list