[torqueusers] enable-gui problem on SLES11-SP1

Albino A. Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Thu Sep 8 10:17:46 MDT 2011


Hi Gabe,

I updated the tk packages.
# rpm -qa | egrep '^t(cl|k)-'
tk-8.5.5-3.14.1
tk-devel-8.5.5-3.14.1
tcl-devel-8.5.5-2.81
tcl-8.5.5-2.81

And now I have the same version that you. I tried 
to compile again. 

# ./configure --enable-gui
[... skip ...]
configure: Starting Tcl/Tk configuration
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/include
checking for tclx configuration... none
checking for Tk configuration... found /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tk public headers... /usr/include
checking for Tcl_Init... yes
checking for Tk_Init... no
configure: Your Tk install is broken.  Disabling Tk support.
checking whether to include the GUI-clients... configure: error: cannot build GUI without Tk library

But I received the same error.

Do you have some sugestion?

Best regards,
Bibo

----- Mensagem original -----
De: "Gabe Turner" <gabe at msi.umn.edu>
Para: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 8 de Setembro de 2011 11:32:45
Assunto: Re: [torqueusers] enable-gui problem on SLES11-SP1

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:17:55AM -0300, Albino A. Aveleda wrote:
> Hi Gus,
> 
> Yes, my machine is 64bit. When I received this error I had only 64-bit 
> packages. Then I installed the 32-bit too, but I had the same error.
> All configuration in tkConfig.sh file are 64-bit.
> 
> I don´t know what happen. I don´t have this problem on RHEL and CentOS 
> linux.
> 

I don't seem to have this problem on SLE11 SP1. We don't use the GUI, so I
never build it, but I just tried a 'configure --enable-gui' and it worked
fine:

--------
[~/torque-2.5.8] % ./configure --enable-gui
.
.
.
configure: Starting Tcl/Tk configuration
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/include
checking for tclx configuration... none
checking for Tk configuration... found /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tk public headers... /usr/include
checking for Tcl_Init... yes
checking for Tk_Init... yes
checking whether to include the GUI-clients... yes
checking for tclsh... /usr/bin/tclsh8.5
checking for wish... /usr/bin/wish8.5
checking checking for Tcl attribute seperator... .
checking whether to enable tcl-qstat... yes
configure: Finished Tcl/Tk configuration
.
.
.
Building components: server=yes mom=yes clients=yes
                     gui=yes drmaa=no pam=no
PBS Machine type: linux
Remote copy: /usr/bin/scp -rpB
PBS home: /var/spool/torque
Default server: serverhost
Unix Domain sockets: no
Tcl: -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.5 -ldl -lieee -lm
Tk: -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.5 -L/usr/lib64 -lX11 -lXss -lXext -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.5 -ldl -lieee -lm

Ready for 'make'.
--------

I do notice that your packages are a bit out of date. These are the latest:

% rpm -qa | egrep '^t(cl|k)-'
tcl-8.5.5-2.81
tk-8.5.5-3.14.1
tcl-devel-8.5.5-2.81
tk-devel-8.5.5-3.14.1

Perhaps you are hitting a bug in the packages you have. Otherwise, I'd
posit that something has gone awry on your system in in your environment.

HTH,

Gabe
-- 
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu
_______________________________________________
torqueusers mailing list
torqueusers at supercluster.org
http://www.supercluster.org/mailman/listinfo/torqueusers



More information about the torqueusers mailing list