[torqueusers] enable-gui problem on SLES11-SP1

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Sep 8 08:32:45 MDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:17:55AM -0300, Albino A. Aveleda wrote:
> Hi Gus,
> Yes, my machine is 64bit. When I received this error I had only 64-bit
> packages. Then I installed the 32-bit too, but I had the same error.
> All configuration in tkConfig.sh file are 64-bit.
> I don´t know what happen. I don´t have this problem on RHEL and CentOS
> linux.

I don't seem to have this problem on SLE11 SP1. We don't use the GUI, so I
never build it, but I just tried a 'configure --enable-gui' and it worked

[~/torque-2.5.8] % ./configure --enable-gui
configure: Starting Tcl/Tk configuration
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/include
checking for tclx configuration... none
checking for Tk configuration... found /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tk public headers... /usr/include
checking for Tcl_Init... yes
checking for Tk_Init... yes
checking whether to include the GUI-clients... yes
checking for tclsh... /usr/bin/tclsh8.5
checking for wish... /usr/bin/wish8.5
checking checking for Tcl attribute seperator... .
checking whether to enable tcl-qstat... yes
configure: Finished Tcl/Tk configuration
Building components: server=yes mom=yes clients=yes
                     gui=yes drmaa=no pam=no
PBS Machine type: linux
Remote copy: /usr/bin/scp -rpB
PBS home: /var/spool/torque
Default server: serverhost
Unix Domain sockets: no
Tcl: -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.5 -ldl -lieee -lm
Tk: -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.5 -L/usr/lib64 -lX11 -lXss -lXext -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.5 -ldl -lieee -lm

Ready for 'make'.

I do notice that your packages are a bit out of date. These are the latest:

% rpm -qa | egrep '^t(cl|k)-'

Perhaps you are hitting a bug in the packages you have. Otherwise, I'd
posit that something has gone awry on your system in in your environment.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu