[torqueusers] enable-gui problem on SLES11-SP1

Albino A. Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Tue Sep 6 15:15:57 MDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to compile torque-2.5.8 with --enable-gui option on SLES11-SP1
but I always receive the error below. The tcl and tk packages are installed.

tcl-32bit-8.5.5-2.81
tcl-devel-8.5.5-2.81
tclx-8.4-470.22
tcl-8.5.5-2.81
tk-32bit-8.5.5-3.12
tk-8.5.5-3.12
tk-devel-8.5.5-3.12

I have problem with Tk_Init. The error message is below.
[... skip ...]
configure: Starting Tcl/Tk configuration
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/include
checking for tclx configuration... none
checking for Tk configuration... found /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tk public headers... /usr/include
checking for Tcl_Init... yes
checking for Tk_Init... no
configure: Your Tk install is broken.  Disabling Tk support.
checking whether to include the GUI-clients... configure: error: cannot build GUI without Tk library

How do I fix this?

Best regards,
Bibo