[torqueusers] qsub patch for job script arguments.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Mon Sep 5 06:40:06 MDT 2011

On Monday, September 05, 2011 06:37:18 Christopher Samuel wrote:
> On 03/09/11 13:28, Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> > I've always read information about -- usage as halting
> > 'option' parsing, as you say, but I guess I assumed
> > there is usually a different between 'options' (and
> > their associated required/optional arguments) and
>
> > other arguments. Eg. In the man page for (gnu) time:
> That's a good spot - it would be good to see if there is
> more precedence for this usage versus that implemented by
> Roy's patch.   It's generally good to reuse behaviour that's
> already in use elsewhere.

Would also happily go for a solution like

qsub [options] runscript.sh [runscript options]

but wouldn't that be a change in the default behaviour?  I have the impression
that AC is very reluctant to accept anything that changes the default.

My suggested patch is an attempt to keep the default behaviour of not
accepting any runscript options.  qsub will then only allow them if you
explicitly state you want them by using '--'.

r.