[torqueusers] Regarding Job Arrays

Sreedhar Manchu sm4082 at nyu.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:04:13 MDT 2011

Hello,

I recently upgraded Torque on our clusters. Everything seems to be working fine except job arrays feature. I want to know whether it is related to --enable-array configure option. I haven't installed torque with this option turned on. Do I need this option to enable multiple job submission using -t flag with qsub?

When I submit the test job something like

qsub -t 1 pbs.script

my job script contains

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -S	/bin/bash
#PBS -V
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1,walltime=1:00:00
#PBS -N ivan
cd /home/xxx
echo "${PBS_ARRAYID}"
exit 0;

When I submit the job it seems it's recognizing the -t flag as I get the jobid as
5415713[].hpc0.local

My error file contains

set: No match.
set: No match.

Output file contains nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone could provide some insight into this.

Thank you in advance.
Sreedhar.