[torqueusers] Success setting up a new Torque Environment in University

Guilherme Rocha guilherme.consultor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 03:17:45 MDT 2011

Hello folks,

My name is Guilherme and this is my first post here.
Thanks for this great project.

We're setting-up a Torque Cluster with 23 nodes and will be used to
bioinformatics tasks.

I'm completely newbie to all of this, so after hard steps of
troubleshooting, we finally
received good news in logs.  We did a small alginment using clustalw.

But we have some doubts about how to use a program in parallel, like:

Question 1)  I need to have clustalw (or the script programs installed in
all nodes?)
Clustalw is only installed  in head node by now.

Question 2:  Can we use/open GUI program's interfaces to work  using torque?

Question 3: When I submit a job, even requesting 10 nodes, clustal are being
runned
only in one node. What can be wrong?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance,

Guilherme Rocha
GF7 Doc & Systems - Soluções Tecnológicas
Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento - World Wide
R. João Goulart, 170  - Rio Pardo - RS - CEP 96640-000
Mobile:  +55 51 81400360 - Home Page:   http://www.gf7.com.br