[torqueusers] Allocate job on node only if it requested by job node properties

Alexandr Baskakov avb at ssau.ru
Thu Oct 27 09:24:53 MDT 2011

Hi.

Can anybody help me, please.
I need configure TORQUE 3.0.2/Maui 3.3 to allocate particular job on node, only if node has been requested by job node properties.

For example, we have 3 nodes:
n1 np=8
n2 np=8
n3 np=8 bigmem

If I submit job with "-l nodes=2:ppn=8", it must run on n1 and n2.
If nodes n1,n2 already executing a some jobs, then if I submit job with "-l nodes=2:ppn=8", it must been queued, and wait n1,n2.
If I submit job with "-l nodes=2:ppn=8:bigmem", it must be run on n3,n1 or n3,n2.

Other words, regular jobs, if node properties "bigmem" has not requested, should't be run on node n3.

--
Alexandr Baskakov, Samara State Aerospace University
e-mail:	avb at ssau.ru