[torqueusers] torque not listening to ppn request specs

DuChene, StevenX A stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com
Thu Oct 27 10:00:59 MDT 2011

Nope; I just tried that too and got the same result. Packed processes one per processor instead of one per node. If I omit the ppn=1 option and just use tpn=1 I get the following:

$ qsub -l nodes=256:SeaMicro:tpn=1 script_noarch.pbs
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

I have 256 nodes so then I tried reducing my request down to 250 but same thing

$ qsub -l nodes=250:SeaMicro:tpn=1 script_noarch.pbs
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

so then I tried going down to only 25:

$ qsub -l nodes=25:SeaMicro:tpn=1 script_noarch.pbs
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

WTF?
--
Steven DuChene