[torqueusers] Queue Node Type and ppn

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Oct 26 14:58:21 MDT 2011

Are you parsing both STDIN, and the command-line args in your filter?
(http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/a.jqsubwrapper.php):

>  When a submit filter exists, TORQUE will send the command file (or contents of STDIN if piped to qsub) to that script/executable
> Command line arguments passed to qsub are passed as arguments to the submit filter (filter won’t see them in STDIN) in the same order and may be used as needed.

Essentially, the contents of the job script are passed via STDIN, but
qsub command-line args are passed as command-line args to the filter.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University