[torqueusers] mom ownership

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:10:08 MDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure if anyone is working on that right now -- after talking
to Ken and looking at the code some more,  I am not sure my problem is
what I originally though...

but back to the original post,  it is not necessarily indicative of a
problem if you notice pbs_mom processes running as a user other than
root (these should be children processes of the root pbs_mom process).
  This is sometimes done do copy or delete certain files.

If the original poster has problems with the main pbs_mom thread
changing its UID, and ends up with lots of "permission denied" type
errors in syslog, then maybe there is something to the bug I thought I
saw...