[torqueusers] mom ownership

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Oct 20 14:36:57 MDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Oct 20, 2011, at 3:25 PM, Ken Nielson wrote:
>
> > The mom daemon should be running as root. When jobs are started by
> > the mom the jobs run as the user.
>
> As I thought. We found nodes with pbs_mom's running as a user rather
> than root. Something for us to track down.
>
> Thanks, again.
>
> ~Charles~
> --
> Charles Johnson, Vanderbilt University
> Advanced Computing Center for Research & Education

Charles,

What version of TORQUE are you running? Some have reported problems with TORQUE changing its id to a user and not changing back correctly. I believe that this problem was found in 2.5.6. I'm not the one who was working on this problem, so I'm not sure what the status of it is currently, but it could be you're experiencing a symptom of this bug.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738