[torqueusers] Running torque with iptables

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:58:14 MDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 01:55:26PM -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:
> The MOMs should only communicate with pbs_server and the other MOMs. I do
> not believe they communicate with the submit hosts. Could you tell us
> more about your setup?

I believe the moms do communicate with the submit host if you're running an
interactive (qsub -I) job. At least that has been my experience. Thus we
allow ports 1024 to 65536 between submit and compute. I'd also be
interested in narrowing this range, if possible.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu