[torqueusers] cpusets memory nodes?

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Tue Oct 18 13:28:13 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 12:17 -0700, Kenneth Yoshimoto wrote:
>   Do you know if I can have multiple NUMA nodes configured
> in Torque, or is it only taking a single MOM in that case?

Each host will run a single pbs_mom daemon that will report itself as
multiple virtual nodes, one per NUMA node.  At one point, I had a test
system configured with three hosts, each of which had 4 NUMA nodes; when
you ran pbsnodes -a on it, it looked like 12 nodes.  The scheduler has
to know how to glue these virtual nodes back together, which IIRC Moab
does with its nodeset functionality.

	--Troy