[torqueusers] An issue when using pbs script to invoke different cpus from different nodes.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 17 22:38:17 MDT 2011

Hi all,

I use qsub to submit the job to my queue.   Currently I've the following
lines in the pbs script invoked by qsub:

--------
#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=8
#PBS -l walltime=99:00:00
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -o out
#PBS -e err
#PBS -V
#PBS -q default
----------

As you can see, in the above example, the job will use 16 cpus equally
supplied by two nodes.   But now, I want to let pbs assign the cpus and
nodes to this job according to the following requirements:

1- There are 8 cpus used for this job.
2- All of the these cpus may belong to one node, or can come from
different nodes, say,  supplied by two/three/four nodes and so on.

Could you please give me some hints on this issue.  Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,