[torqueusers] qstat -u missing data

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Oct 12 16:53:54 MDT 2011

> From: Edsall, William (WJ) [mailto:WJEdsall at dow.com]
-snip-
> What might cause qstat -u to have empty information for nodes and tasks?

If a job does not specify nodes=... and there is no explicit default (which I think is best), then it effectively is the same as requesting nodes=1 or nodes=1:ppn=1 but the job does not have the explicit resources listed, so qstat -a lists the fields with '--'.

You can't very well have a default nodes spec if you want to also allow users to request procs.

Note that we are not running the same version, but I think that is no particularly important for this query.

I'll leave it at that and avoid expressing an opinion on whether the situation is good or bad.

Gareth