[torqueusers] Job Nanny Poll

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:15:14 MST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Just a quick poll question - do people use the job delete nanny functionality in TORQUE? If you do, in qmgr you would have the line:
>
> set job_nanny = True
>
> I'm curious how many people are using it - this seems like very repetitive functionality to me (pbs_mom does pretty much the same thing already) and I personally think job_force_cancel_time is better, but I may be biased.

I use the job delete nanny,  but I am not familiar with
job_force_cancel_time.  I have been using the job delete nanny for a
long time.

What exactly does it do?  I presume some of the multi-threading in
pbs_server in TORQUE 4.0 can clean up some of this code a little since
pbs_server can spawn a thread to hang out and manage the job delete
(rather than needing to set a work task to check the status of the
delete in the future)