[torqueusers] Job Nanny Poll

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Mon Nov 21 12:11:02 MST 2011

David,

We currently have job_nanny set in our qmgr.  I don't remember many of
the details, but we were struggling a long time ago with some of the
issues related to stray jobs not being deleted, and someone at Adaptive
(or maybe it was still CRI at the time), recommended we set it, as an
additional check.  If there's a better way to do it, that's fine, but
many of us try really hard not to change things once they're working.

That and we're not aware of the new features.  I mean according to the
changelog, that parameter was added in 2.4.9, and I think we've been
using job_nanny much longer than that.  I wasn't aware of it until your
email.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab