[torqueusers] No current maintained web monitoring interfaces, job_monarch and pbswebmon broken

DuChene, StevenX A stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com
Thu Nov 17 12:38:07 MST 2011

As far as I can tell there have not been an updated release of job_monarch since 2008. I bet there have been no updates to take into account the XML changes in newer versions of Ganglia. In fact this exact question has been discussed on the Jobmonarch-users mailing list but there has been no responses from anyone on the development team.

Also I do not see anyone from the development team participating in the support discussion lists on sourceforge which are linked to from the jab_monarch page you provided below. In fact one person posted the following message to the Jobmonarch-users mailing list on 2011-04-05:

"I take that back. I too have tried to get it to work and have been unsuccessful. I wanted to get my hands on the 'unstable' version (Job Monarch version 1.0-rc1-SVN) running on sara, but nobody there seems to respond. Even when I spoke with them at SuperComputing."

As a result I do not consider this an active or maintained opensource project.

Active opensource projects do regular updates & code releases and they actually respond to users' questions.
--
Steven DuChene