[torqueusers] Running either GPGPU or GL GPU jobs on nodes

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 08:35:45 MST 2011

We have NV GPUs and we have some users who want to run GPGPU jobs (like CUDA) and we have other users who want to run GL GPU jobs. GL jobs require the machine to have X started (runlevel 5) and GPGPU jobs can't run when X is running. Does anyone have a good method of letting users specify which type of GPU job they need to run and changing the runlevel appropriately?