[torqueusers] UC prologue.parallel?

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Fri Nov 11 07:24:36 MST 2011

I had some fun with this a while back.  prologue.parallel runs on a
sister node, not on the Mother Superior.  Its stdout and stderr are NOT
connected to the job's stdout and stderr, so any output is lost.  You
need to route the output to a file and then look at the file to see what
is happening.  Remember also that prologue.parallel is running as root,
you need prologue.user.parallel if you want to run as the user.  Watch
the permissions also, 500 for the former and 555 for the latter.  If any
root run pro/epi has other:w, then it will not run.

Martin Rushton
HPC System Manager, Weapons Technologies
Tel: 01959 514777, Mobile: 07939 219057
email: jmrushton at QinetiQ.com
www.QinetiQ.com