[torqueusers] The issues on using -o option.

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Wed Nov 9 08:24:31 MST 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 03:05:12PM +0800, Hongsheng Zhao wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 12:57 PM, Gabe Turner wrote:
> > You need to put it in each mom's config. It's usually at
> > /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config on each compute node.
>
> I use suse, see the following for detail:
>
> -----
> zhaohongsheng at node32:~/Castep_test> cat /etc/issue
>
> Welcome to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (x86_64) - Kernel \r (\l).
> --------
>
> There aren't the  /var/spool/torque and /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/
> directories at all in my case.  Any hints?

The spool directory could be in another location. If there is a torque-mom
rpm, see the output of 'rpm -ql torque-mom' and look for the mom_priv
directory. It's usually somewhere in /var/spool, in my experience, unless
the configured paths are extremely atypical.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu