[torqueusers] The issues on using -o option.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Nov 8 08:05:56 MST 2011

Hi all,

 From the following webpage,

http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs/commands/qsub.shtml

I can find the following notes:

-------------
-o path
     Defines the path to be used for the standard output stream of the
batch job. The path argument is of the form:

         [hostname:]path_name
-------------

Accordingly, in my pbs script, I use the following line:

----------
  #PBS -o out
----------

Then, in the result folder of my job, I obtained a file named out with
the following file permissions:

zhaohongsheng at node32:~/Castep_test> ls -la out
-rw------- 1 zhaohongsheng users 0 2011-12-13 11:32 out

As you can see, the file permission is 600 for this file.  Why does this
happen?  I think it should be 644 for convenience.  Any hints on this
issue?  Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,