[torqueusers] Disabling cpusets.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Fri Nov 4 02:37:12 MDT 2011

On Thursday, November 03, 2011 23:09:28 Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for all the replies.

My testing shows that if cpusets is enabled in torque and /dev/cpuset is not
mounted on the node the job will go into an endless restart loop.  This is for
torque 3.0.2.

Looking at the code it should be fairly easy to test if /dev/cpuset is mounted
and disable the cpuset stuff in torque if it isn't.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm the maintainer of the torque-roll for the
Rocks Cluster Distro and some of the users have requested if I could enable
the cpusets in torque.  This is easy to do, but I'm worried that this could
suddenly break a lot of stuff for other users not interested in this.  So
having cpusets enabled in torque with the possibility to turn it off would be a
nice thing to have.

Would anyone object to a patch for this?

r.