[torqueusers] Disabling cpusets.

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 3 11:54:25 MDT 2011

Hi Roy

In my experience, if you do not create /dev/cpuset and do not mount it,
then the cpuset feature is disabled at runtime,
even if Torque was compiled with cpuset enabled.

I posted a quick and dirty way to enable it in the list some time ago in the Torque list.
Can't find it now.
Basically adding these lines to the pbs_mom init script:

if [ ! -e /dev/cpuset ];then
    mkdir /dev/cpuset
fi

if [ "`mount -t cpuset`x" == "x" ];then
   mount -t cpuset none /dev/cpuset
fi

If this is not done by pbs_mom, or by another system script, I presume cpuset is
disabled.

I use Torque 2.4.11 and 2.5.4 in two different clusters.
Not sure if the later versions of Torque do this differently.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa