[torqueusers] No Permission. qstat: cannot connect to server torque-server (errno=15007) Unauthorized Request

Aleksandr Levchuk alevchuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:08:50 MDT 2011

Dear Torque Experts,

We upgraded our OS from Debian 5 to Debian 6 and consequently upgraded Torque.

Now qstat and qsub works for about 1 minute and fails for another minute.

I have torque-2.5.5 (but I tried 2.4.8 and it had same issues).

When we run qstat half of the time it works and half of the time we get:
===============================
pbs_iff: cannot read reply from pbs_server
No Permission.
qstat: cannot connect to server torque-server (errno=15007) Unauthorized Request
===============================

On the mom syslog
===============================
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::Operation now in progress (115) in
TMomFinalizeChild, cannot open interactive qsub socket to host
girkelab-3.ucr.edu:51056 - 'cannot connect to port 777 in
client_to_svr - errno:115 Operation now in progress' - check routing
tables/multi-homed host issues

On the server
===============================
/opt/torque-2.5.5/bin/qmgr -c 'print server'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_hosts = torque-server
set server acl_hosts += torque-server+biocluster+parrot+owl
set server acl_hosts += owl-33+biocluster-33
set server acl_hosts += girkelab-3+girkelab-4
set server operators = root at torque-server
set server default_queue = batch
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server log_level = 0
set server submit_hosts = biocluster+parrot+owl
set server submit_hosts += girkelab-3+girkelab-4
set server submit_hosts += owl-33+biocluster-33
set server allow_node_submit = True
set server next_job_number = 206082
===============================

Why does it say permission error when it works half of the time?

What can I do to diagnose the problem?

Alex

Aleksandr Levchuk
Bioinformatics Systems and Databases
http://facility.bioinformatics.ucr.edu/people/aleksandr-levchuk

Cell Phone: (951) 368-0004
Lab Phone: (951) 905-5232

Institute for Integrative Genome Biology
University of California, Riverside