[torqueusers] Possible bug in configure script (torque 2.5.5)

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 30 14:04:53 MDT 2011

On Wednesday, 30 March 2011, at 21:48:00 (+0200),
Arnau Bria wrote:

> # autoheader
> configure.ac:1408: /usr/bin/m4: builtin `mkstemp' requested by frozen file is not supported
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1

What version of autoconf/autoheader do you have?  It works fine here
with 2.62.

The problem is that autoheader wasn't run after the new AC_DEFINE was
added for the TCP retry parameter.  autoheader is what adds those
symbols to src/include/pbs_config.h.in, and since it wasn't in the .in
file, it can never make it into the final pbs_config.h file.

At least for the 2.5-fixes branch, the src/include/pbs_config.h.in
file is in SVN, so someone at Adaptive needs to make sure "autoreconf"
gets run whenever autotools files are changed.

I checked line 1408 of configure.ac, and it looks fine.  I'm not sure
why mkstemp would cause it to error there.  I'd suggest two
possibilities:  run "make maintainer-clean" (after first doing
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode) and try again, or try a newer
m4.

HTH,
Michael

--