[torqueusers] Possible bug in configure script (torque 2.5.5)

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 30 11:47:55 MDT 2011

On Wednesday, 30 March 2011, at 18:35:42 (+0200),
Arnau Bria wrote:

> it comes from another issue where David Beer is helping me, but
> I faced a configure related issue when applying his solution:
>
> I should build torque 2.5.5 with :
>
> --with-tcp-retry-limit=2
>
> After doing so, I should have a define in pbs_config.h, but
> it isn't:
>
> # grep -r TCP_RETRY_LIMIT src/*|grep define
> #
>
> I'm not bash expert and maybe I'm assuming something wrong, but looking
> at configure script:
>
> # Check whether --with-tcp_retry_limit or --without-tcp_retry_limit was
> given. if test "${with_tcp_retry_limit+set}" = set; then
>   withval="$with_tcp_retry_limit"
>   TCP_RETRY_LIMIT=${withval}
> else
>   TCP_RETRY_LIMIT=0
> fi;
>
> cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
> #define TCP_RETRY_LIMIT ${TCP_RETRY_LIMIT}
> _ACEOF
>
> TCP_RETRY_LIMIT define should ALWAYS have be defined and with some
> value ( 0 or own specified value).
>
> So, I think this is a bug in configure because:
>
> 1.-) If the param should NOT be written always, there's a bug when
> enabling it.
> 2.-) If the param should be written always, there's a bug when writing
> .h files.

It's not a bug in configure.  It's a bug in maintainer.  ;-)

Try running "autoheader" and then try the ./configure
--with-tcp-retry-limit=2 again.  I bet it works this time.  :)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Linux Systems and Cluster Engineer