[torqueusers] Possible bug in configure script (torque 2.5.5)

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Mar 30 10:35:42 MDT 2011

Hi all,

it comes from another issue where David Beer is helping me, but
I faced a configure related issue when applying his solution:

I should build torque 2.5.5 with :

--with-tcp-retry-limit=2

After doing so, I should have a define in pbs_config.h, but
it isn't:

# grep -r TCP_RETRY_LIMIT src/*|grep define
#

I'm not bash expert and maybe I'm assuming something wrong, but looking
at configure script:

# Check whether --with-tcp_retry_limit or --without-tcp_retry_limit was
given. if test "${with_tcp_retry_limit+set}" = set; then
  withval="$with_tcp_retry_limit"
  TCP_RETRY_LIMIT=${withval}
else
  TCP_RETRY_LIMIT=0
fi;

cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
#define TCP_RETRY_LIMIT ${TCP_RETRY_LIMIT}
_ACEOF

TCP_RETRY_LIMIT define should ALWAYS have be defined and with some
value ( 0 or own specified value).

So, I think this is a bug in configure because:

1.-) If the param should NOT be written always, there's a bug when
enabling it.
2.-) If the param should be written always, there's a bug when writing
.h files.

Find config.log attached.

Cheers,
Arnau