[torqueusers] torque log files ....

Mike Johnson m.d.johnson at durham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 05:47:50 MDT 2011

Lydia Heck wrote:
> The .e and .o files for any are  created in a spool directory not visible to
> the users and will only be copied to the working directory once the jobs is
> complete. Is there a way to change this?
> The users on our cluster would very much like to see their "standard output" and
> "standard error" during the run of their jobs, to be able to check on progress.
> Lydia
Hi Lydia

For the benefit of the list (since we just spoke in person) I think what
you're looking for is to include this:

into $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config on your nodes.  Alternatively, there is

but it seems the former is more appropriate.

Mike Johnson
System Administrator
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Ogden Centre for Fundamental Physics
Department of Physics
University of Durham
Science Laboratories