[torqueusers] torque log files ....

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Wed Mar 30 08:20:29 MDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:39:59AM +0100, Lydia Heck wrote:

> The .e and .o files for any are  created in a spool directory not visible to
> the users and will only be copied to the working directory once the jobs is
> complete. Is there a way to change this?
>
> The users on our cluster would very much like to see their "standard output" and
> "standard error" during the run of their jobs, to be able to check on progress.

When building torque, configure with --disable-spool. This will spool the
output/error in the users home dierctory, or in ~/.pbs_spool if it exists
(which I recommend providing, as otherwise the user is more likely to
accidently delete the spooling files).  From configure:

  --disable-spool         if disabled, TORQUE will create output and error
			  files directly in $HOME/.pbs_spool if it exists
			  or in $HOME otherwise.  By default, TORQUE will
			  spool files in $TORQUEHOME/spool and copy them to
                          the users home directory when the job completes.

HTH,

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,