[torqueusers] Question about Node Ordering in torque

Bill Benedetto bbenedetto at goodyear.com
Tue Mar 29 12:20:10 MDT 2011

Good day.

I'm using torque with no additional scheduler on top of it.

This works pretty well for me in this particular setup as I only
have need for simple queueing.

However, I have a question that I can't figure out.  I've looked
through the documentation and the mailing list and haven't been
able to figure out if it is possible to order (or weight) my nodes
so that some nodes are used before other nodes.

That is, I want one of my compute nodes to be used for jobs only
after every other compute node is used for jobs.

Does anyone know if that is possible in torque with no scheduler
running on top of it?

Thanks!

--
- Bill