[torqueusers] Increased np but no change in number of jobs running on them

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" toth at fi.muni.cz
Mon Mar 28 04:44:56 MDT 2011

> Thanks, but that didn't really work.  It killed the pbs_server process, and
> I was able to restart it, but even though I am using the 75 cores I have
> available (still missing those couple extra cores I tried to allocate
> earlier), it shows me some nodes have free processors when they clearly
> don't:

Well restart won't change anything. The server will be still in the same
state as it was before restart.

> Does the state of a node possibly not get updated until a job completes on
> it?

It should get updated, but I must admit that the node state is quite
fragile. Unfortunately Torque doesn't report free cpus (we have a patch
for that).

Btw. try qstat -r -1n instead.

--
Mgr. Simon Toth