[torqueusers] stagein Problem with 3.0

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Fri Mar 25 09:19:19 MDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:10:50PM +0100, Daniel Proetel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a problem with stagein in 3.0.0
>
> when we stagein a file and the job is competed the directory where ist
> file is stagein'ed will be delete.
>
> the directory tmp on the node will be deleted afer the job is ended. The
> next job won't start, or gets an error, because tmp isn't there.

Perhaps I'm not properly understanding your question, but staged-in and
staged-out files do not have permanence beyond the scope of the job. As the
documentation states:

    "On completion of the job, all staged-in and staged-out files are
    removed from the execution system."

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/6.3filestaging.php

I guess if you want the staged-in files to stay somewhere, you would have
the 'first' job copy them to a new location on the execution host.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu