[torqueusers] Empty output/error log file

FyD fyd at q4md-forcefieldtools.org
Wed Mar 23 09:30:46 MDT 2011

Dear All,

I already sent this email but got no answer yet.

I am new here: we use Torque (version 2.5.4) and Maui (version 3.3) on
our cluster. Our nodes are typically Xeon-based SMP systems with 2*4 =
8 cores.

In some circumstances, a queued script is executed (the queuing system
does execute the PBS script, but nothing is done), an empty output log
file and an empty error log file are generated and the job disappears
from the queue.

It looks like this type of problem appends when the machine on which
the PBS script is executed is busy (due to other running PBS jobs for
instance).

- Is this problem known?
- How to avoid this type of problem?
Is it possible to request an additional 'delay' when a PBS job is executed?

Thanks, regards, Francois