[torqueusers] node's np still not right

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:11:25 MST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>    Ken> When pbs_server rebooted it read the nodes file again. If np was
>    Ken> not changed in the node file then the node would have np=4 on the
>    Ken> reboot. Is there a reason you do not want to directly change the
>    Ken> nodes file?
>
> No, other than I thought that was either qmgr's or pbs_server's job.  So
> you're telling me that changes made through qmgr will always be transient?

the contents of the nodes file is basically used to initialize those
nodes in the server's database at server start.  If you want to manage
the nodes completely in qmgr, I think you could keep an empty nodes
file.  This is one thing I dislike about using both the nodes file and
qmgr to manage nodes.