[torqueusers] No Email notification

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Mon Mar 7 11:21:24 MST 2011

On 3/7/11 11:15 AM, Stuart Barkley wrote:
> Even better would be to warn users that email notifications
> are not supported if they should set those options.

We're not doing this exact thing, but we've found that in general, using
submission filters
work very well for teaching users what they're doing wrong.  We built a
little python framework that lets us add or remove specific tests fairly
easily.  The point, though, is that when users see a message when they
submit, explaining what the problem is and what they can do to fix it,
they've been really responsive.  I honestly expected to have a lot of
complaints, but it's been pretty quiet overall, and the logged incidents
where users hit the limits, have dropped significantly.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University