[torqueusers] No Email notification

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Mon Mar 7 11:21:24 MST 2011

On 3/7/11 11:15 AM, Stuart Barkley wrote:
> Even better would be to warn users that email notifications
> are not supported if they should set those options.

We're not doing this exact thing, but we've found that in general, using
submission filters
(http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/a.jqsubwrapper.php)
work very well for teaching users what they're doing wrong.  We built a
little python framework that lets us add or remove specific tests fairly
easily.  The point, though, is that when users see a message when they
submit, explaining what the problem is and what they can do to fix it,
they've been really responsive.  I honestly expected to have a lot of
complaints, but it's been pretty quiet overall, and the logged incidents
where users hit the limits, have dropped significantly.

--

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator