[torqueusers] No Email notification

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Mon Mar 7 10:59:04 MST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 at 10:01 -0000, Jakob Blomqvist wrote:

> I have set up Torque-2.4.3 (Server, MOM and Sched) on a single node,
> 16 core AMD machine for scientific calculations, with Ubuntu 10.10
> installed. The machine has a permanent ip address within a
> university network. It is accessed to by ssh. I finally managed to
> get the qsub to work, however email notification will not work. My
> ./configure was following:

> $ ./configure --disable-gcc-warnings --with-server-home=/var/spool/pbs/ --with-sendmail=mail

'mail' is not the same thing as 'sendmail'.  You probably want to
specify your actual sendmail (or a command line equivalent) with the
--with-sendmail option.  On my ubuntu install sendmail (actually
postfix) is at /usr/sbin/sendmail.

It looks like ./configure should find the correct sendmail if you
don't specify the option at all.

Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone