[torqueusers] torque-2.5.3-1cri.x86_64 hang when a node falls

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Fri Mar 4 10:56:47 MST 2011

Hi David,

first of all, sorry for sending the mail to you directly. I was in
"panic"  (friday afternoon, pbs_sevrer update :-) ).

Second, I solved the issue, it was easy, client part of server host was
pointing to our backup's server, so it was refering to another's
machine node file :-) . After changing pbs_sevrer content, I was able to
recover my nodes.

the only thing I had problems with has been jobs. I've lsot all of them
cause the first pbs_sevrer start of 2.5.5 has destroyed my jobs dir.

I've tried to recopy all job files to new job dir but then the server
complained about them. I'm not sure if this is a bug or only that I did
something worng.

Anyway, many thanks for your reply and your help.

TIA,
Arnau