[torqueusers] No Email notification

Jakob Blomqvist Jakob.Blomqvist at mah.se
Thu Mar 3 08:01:23 MST 2011

Hi,
I have set up Torque-2.4.3 (Server, MOM and Sched) on a single node, 16core AMD machine for scientific calculations, with Ubuntu 10.10installed. The machine has a permanent ip address within a universitynetwork. It is accessed to by ssh. I finally managed to get the qsub towork, however email notificationwill not work. My ./configure was following:
$ ./configure --disable-gcc-warnings --with-server-home=/var/spool/pbs/ --with-sendmail=mail
followed by
$ make -j 16
and
$ sudo make install

I have mailx installed configured to use university outgoingsmpt-domain and following command make me receive a testmail in mymailbox:
$ mail -s 'test message' XXXX.XXXX at XXX.se < /dev/null

I don't even know where to see if torque tried to send mail at all.
Obviously I use the -m flag and set a mail using -M. But no luck.

Dr. Jakob Blomquist
IMP, School of Technology
Malmo University
SWEDEN