[torqueusers] qsub patch for job script arguments.

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 29 16:46:55 MDT 2011

On Tuesday, 30 August 2011, at 08:43:09 (+1000),
Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:

> I like the -- idea, but I think it is more natural to have (or at least allow) -- before the job script:
> qsub -- run.sh arg1 arg2
> Before is better to signify that qsub options are complete and the rest of the line is the job script and its options.  After still signifies this but splits the job script and its options unnecessarily.

That doesn't work.  The job script is an argument to qsub.  The
convention is that -- halts option parsing; the command is supposed to
ignore anything that comes after --.  If qsub ignores the jobscript
name, not much will get done.  ;-)

Using -- is by far the simplest and most standard approach IMHO.
Either that, or just ignore everything after the jobscript name.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Linux Systems and Cluster Engineer