[torqueusers] qsub patch for job script arguments.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Sat Aug 27 14:46:53 MDT 2011

I just discovered the -F option implemented in v3.0.2 and thought it was a
very nice idea.  Soon I discovered the awkwardness imposed by the need for
quotes around the argument.  In my experience it is very hard to explain to
users the difference between single and double quotes and so on.  Maybe a
better way to solve this is to make everything between a "--" flag and end of
line become job script arguments.  This is the way getopt suggests to do these
kind of things.

Attached is a patch that implements the idea above.

qsub run.sh -- arg1 arg2

will start

run.sh arg1 arg2

The equivalent would be

qsub -F"arg1 arg2" run.sh

but no need for quotes.

 Anyway, just a suggestion.

Regards,
r.
--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: roy.dragseth at uit.no